Snowplow Sam classes are designed to help preschoolers aged 2-5 develop preliminary strength and coordination to maneuver on the ice. Toys and games are used to help children feel safe and become comfortable on the ice.
Sorry, this class is not yet scheduled.
The Snowplow Sam Program
spans the following 4 levels:
Snowplow Sam 11. Sit and stand up with skates on - off Ice
2. Sit and stand up - on Ice
3. March in place
4. March forward - 8-10 steps
5. March, then glide on two feet
6. Dip in place
Snowplow Sam 21. March followed by a long glide
2. Dip while moving
3. Backward walking, toes turned inward, shifting weight (4-6 steps)
4. Backward wiggles (6 in a row)
5. Forward swizzles (2-3 in a row)
6. Beginning Snowplow Stop motion- in place or holding onto barrier
7. Two-foot hop in place (optional)
Snowplow Sam 31. Forward skating 8-10 strides
2. Forward one-foot glide - two times the skaters height. (R and L)
3. Forward swizzles - (4-6 in a row)
4. Backward swizzles - (2-3 in a row)
5. Moving forward snowplow stop (two foot)
Snowplow Sam 41. Forward Skating
2. Backwards 2 foot glide length of skaters height.
3. Backward swizzles (4-6 in a row)
4. Rocking Horse, one forward and one backward swizzle (repeat twice)
5.Two foot turns from forward to backward in place (both directions)
6. Two foot hop (in place)
- We suggest wearing layers such as, a long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt, sweatshirts, and a light jacket.
- Athletic pants, sweats, leggings, and yoga pants, nothing that restricts movement. Avoid jeans.
- One pair of thin socks that go up past the ankle.
- Helmets are not required, but are suggested for children aged 6 and younger.
- Refund Policy: NO REFUNDS will be granted after the semester begins. Refund requests made at least 5 days prior to the start of the semester will be granted, minus a $10 administration fee. To avoid the $10 fee, you may apply credit toward another RSA class.
- Class Attendance and Make-up Classes: All classes must be attended during the enrolled Semester. 2 make-up classes will be allowed each semester, and must be made up within the skaters current enrolled semester.
- Discount Promo-Codes: Promo-Codes and discounts will not be granted after registration. Only one promo code is allowed per family, per semester. Promo-Codes may not be combined.
- Military Discount: RSA is happy to offer a special discount to those who are currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or are the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card. Or: Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC). Please contact the RSA office for details.
- Photo Release: Registration grants RSA rights to utilize skaters likeness for use on our website and various social media outlets.
-Class Times: Class times are subject to change. Due to Ralston Arena events, RSA will occasionally have to schedule semesters which skip a week. Prior to registration, please check the RSA Calendar, flyers, or the individual RSA class registration page for confirmed semester dates.