Teen & Adult Basic Skills
The Adult Learn to Skate program is designed to teach proper skating techniques to novice adult skaters who wish to enjoy skating as part of their fit and healthy lifestyle. The goal is to promote physical fitness and improve balance and coordination on the ice. Through six levels, students will be motivated to progress at an individual pace.
There are 3 classes available.
The Teen & Adult Basic Skills Program
spans the following 6 levels:
Adult 11. Falling and Recovery
2. Forward marching
3. Forward two-foot glide
4. Forward swizzles (4-6 in a row)
5. Moving Snowplow Stops
6. Two-foot turns in place
7. Glide forward on 2 feet and dip
Adult 21. Forward stroking showing correct use of the blade
2. Forward 1/2 swizzle pumps on a circle, (clockwise and counterclockwise) 4-6 in a row
3. Forward one-foot glides
5. Forward chasses on a circle, clockwise and counterclockwise
6. Backward two foot glide
7. Backward wiggles
8. Backward two-foot swizzles (4-6 in a row)
Adult 31. Forward outside and inside edges on a circle, (clockwise and counterclockwise)
2. Forward crossovers, (clockwise and counterclockwise, 5 consecutive)
3. Backward 1-foot glide, right and left, one time skater’s height
4. Backward snowplow stop
5. Backward 1/2 swizzle pumps on a circle,( 4 to 6 consecutive, clockwise and counterclockwise)
6. Moving forward to backward and backward to forward two-foot turn
7. Beginning 2-foot spin
Adult 41. Basic forward outside and forward inside consecutive edges
2. Backward edges on a circle, (outside and inside, clockwise and counterclockwise)
3. Backward crossovers, (clockwise and counterclockwise, 5 consecutive)
4. Backward chasses on a circle, clockwise and counterclockwise
5. Forward outside 3-turns, right and left
6. Forward outside swing rolls to a count of 6
7. Forward inside pivots, R & L
8. Backward crossover to landing position
Adult 51. Forward and Backward Crossovers in a Figure 8 pattern
2. Forward outside to inside change of edge on a line
3. T-stop, right or left
4. Forward inside 3-turns, R&L
5. Continuous forward progressive chasse sequence, (clockwise and counterclockwise)
6. Beginning one foot spin
Adult 61. Forward inside OPEN mohawk, both directions
2. Forward Perimeter Stroking with crossover end patterns
3. Alternating backward crossovers with two-foot transition
4. Backward crossovers to a backward outside edge glide (landing position)
7. Bunny Hop (optional)
8. Footwork sequence: (3-5 forward crossovers to an inside Mohawk, 3-5 backward crossovers, step forward inside the circle and repeat)
- Ages 15 and up.
- Refund Policy: NO REFUNDS will be granted after the semester begins. Refund requests made at least 5 days prior to the start of the semester will be granted, minus a $10 administration fee. To avoid the $10 fee, you may apply credit toward another RSA class.
- Class Attendance and Make-up Classes: All classes must be attended during the enrolled Semester. 2 make-up classes will be allowed each semester, and must be made up within the skaters current enrolled semester.
- Discount Promo-Codes: Promo-Codes and discounts will not be granted after registration. Only one promo code is allowed per family, per semester. Promo-Codes may not be combined.
- Military Discount: RSA is happy to offer a special discount to those who are currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or are the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card. Or: Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC). Please contact the RSA office for details.
- Photo Release: Registration grants RSA rights to utilize skaters likeness for use on our website and various social media outlets.
- Class Times: Class times are subject to change. Due to Ralston Arena events, RSA will occasionally have to schedule semesters which skip a week. Prior to registration, please check the RSA Calendar, flyers, or the individual RSA class registration page for confirmed semester dates.